The Emory University Honorary Degrees Committee welcomes nominations from Emory faculty, students, staff, and alumni. All nominations are confidential and may be submitted in three ways.
- Use our Online Honorary Degree Nomination Form.
- Email an Honorary Degree Nomination Letter to honorarydegrees@LISTSERV.emory.edu.
- Mail an Honorary Degree Nomination Letter and any additional supporting materials to:
Office of the Vice President and Secretary
505 Kilgo Circle
Atlanta, Georgia 30322
Nominations are due by November 1, 2019, and are for consideration for 2021 and beyond.
All Honorary Degree Nomination Letters should address the following:
- Describe the nominee's achievements and why that person would merit this honor.
- Why is it particularly fitting for Emory University to honor this nominee?
- Would an honorary degree from Emory University have any special significance for this nominee?
- Would the award have any special significance or meaning for graduating students?