The Emory University Honorary Degrees Committee welcomes nominations from Emory faculty, students, staff, and alumni. All nominations are confidential and may be submitted in three ways.
- Use our Online Honorary Degree Nomination Form.
- Email an Honorary Degree Nomination Letter to honorarydegrees@LISTSERV.emory.edu.
- Mail an Honorary Degree Nomination Letter and any additional supporting materials to:
Honorary Degree Nominations
Office of the Vice President and Secretary of the University
Administration Building 407
Mail Stop #1000/001/1AN
Atlanta, Georgia 30322
Nominations are due by November 2, 2018 and are for consideration for 2020 and beyond.
All Honorary Degree Nomination Letters should address the following:
- Describe the nominee's achievements and why that person would merit this honor.
- Why is it particularly fitting for Emory University to honor this nominee?
- Would an honorary degree from Emory University have any special significance for this nominee?
- Would the award have any special significance or meaning for graduating students?