What We Do
The Office of the Vice President and Secretary serves Emory University by:
- delivering exceptional meeting development, governance pathway design, and volunteer leadership support to promote an environment in which the Board of Trustees can fulfill its fiduciary responsibilities, the administration can function proactively and productively as it relates to the board, and the Emory community can understand the board’s work and engage with the trustees;
- promoting effective governance among the Board of Trustees, the University Senate, the Emory Alumni Board, and other constituents of the university;
- upholding the traditions and practices of honorary degrees by supporting the work of the Honorary Degrees Committee;
- preserving institutional memory by maintaining the official record of the Board of Trustees; and
- reinforcing the board’s commitment to Emory’s mission to create, preserve, teach, and apply knowledge in the service of humanity.